I asked the team members at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson if they would give me Holiday gift suggestions for this BLOG. I asked them if they would also give me a good reason why they selected the item, – was it a personal favorite, a best seller, a good deal, has high customer reviews, or whatever. I asked for three items for Men, Women, Kids, and three items for the Home. After the team circulated the request among themselves, they put together this list.
From the experts at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson, here are 12 gifts items for your Christmas shopping list. Just click on the image – your browser will open a new page for that item for a detailed review. I’ve also included the team comments made on the item. As always, the team would love to hear form you. Drop them an email or call 252-257-9700 for assistance and advice with gift selections.
For the Men
1. Harley-Davidson® Men's Victory Lane Leather Jacket 98057-13VM: "This jacket has been a customer favorite for years. It is a classic, perfect for someone trying to find a higher-end gift."
2. Harley-Davidson® Men's Embroidered Long Bar & Shield Mesh Trucker Cap BCC31212: "This is a cap that every Harley rider seems to love. I suppose it's because it's so basic, and sports the traditional Harley colors along with a historic elongated logo design. It's also a very affordable gift."
3. Harley-Davidson® Men's Brake Buckle Black 6.00-Inch Motorcycle Boots D91684: "Just about every customer I know who owns a pair, wants just one thing - another pair! So there's something great about them?"
For the Ladies
4. Harley-Davidson® Women's Genuine Side Laced Short Sleeve Tee, Black 99104-17VW: "It's very popular, with a large classic logo. The distressed style is well received, even by those customers who miss that when ordering."
5. Harley-Davidson® Women's Road Diva Notched V-Neck Short Sleeve Tee, Yellow, 30294291: "It's not black - and that's a good reason for many! It's super cool looking too."
6. Harley-Davidson® Women's Miss Enthusiast 3 in 1 Leather Jacket 98030-12VW: "This ladies jacket, simply-put, is great looking, classy and a classic. It's been a top selling favorite for years now. Harley® fans never grow tired of this design."
For the Kids
7. Harley-Davidson® Baby Girls' Bibs, Bar & Shield 2 Pack Set, Black/Pink 7009505: "These bibs look great and at a reasonable price. I bet this is how Dads, Grandpas and Uncles sneak in that first Harley® item that Mom just can't say no to!"
8. Harley-Davidson® Little Boys' Bar & Shield PU Pleather Biker Vest 0276072: "For the kid that likes to look just like dad, this vest is pretty basic and tough, which is probably why kids, parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts love it so much."
9. Harley-Davidson® Baby Boys' Boxed Stretch Terry Booties, Black S9LBL20HD: "Harley riders have to start somewhere, how about at birth? First pair of riding boots IMO [in my opinion]."
For the Home
10. Harley-Davidson® Bar & Shield Martini Glass Set, Stainless Steel HDL-18730: "Martinis are delicious, they're packed full of nutrients, plus gin literally smells like Christmas trees due to the Juniper berries." [As good a reason as any]
11. Harley-Davidson® Motorcycle Cutting Board HDL-18504: "Great product that anyone could put to ifrequent use . I personally own one, and I like it a lot better than previous wooden cutting boards I've had."
12. Harley-Davidson® Bar & Shield Rubber Coaster Set HDL-18515: "Coasters are cheap, they fit in a stocking, and even non-alcoholic glasses need coasters. This one is pretty basic but screams Harley®, so it means a wider appeal a gift that will not go unappreciated."
Well, there you go, twelve great ideas for everyone. On behalf of me and the dedicated team at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson, we wish you and yours a very Happy Holiday season.
Harley-Davidson® 115th Anniversary - The Countdown has StartedThere are a lot of different things that people collect. From classic cars, coins, books, baseball cards, vintage motorcycles, to dolls and action figures, and for many of us, all things Harley-Davidson®. Did you know that Harley-Davidson's® 115th Anniversary is next year, in 2018? It’s another quinquennial anniversary (occurring every five years), dating back [...]
What do you think about never having to change a light-bulb again?Welcome to the world of LED lighting. With the technology of LED lighting, and given the fact that they are made with solid state circuits with absolutely no moving parts or elements, LED lights can, in theory, be used for decades before they will [...]
Well, it’s that time of year again. Many of us, like Richard Dreyfuss in “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” feel that strong pull towards something greater than ourselves. We identify with his obsession to reach Devils Tower, the gathering place for the select few, because we, too, feel compelled to hit the road. Only [...]
This idea of “Christmas in July,” contrary to what most people think, is not a recent phenomenon. It goes back many years. Yes, there was a movie by that title that was released in 1940, staring Dick Powell and Ellen Drew. But if you really dig deep, you’ll find the first reference to “Christmas in [...]
While Mothers have been celebrated dating back to the ancient Greeks and Romans, Father’s Day was a bit late in coming, being practiced first in Washington state in 1910. According to one version, Sonora Smart Dodd came up with the idea of honoring and celebrating her father while listening to a Mother’s Day sermon at church in 1909. The movement [...]
Since I know the fashion folks at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson, the other day I received an advanced copy of an interesting email they are sending out to those on their email list. The email highlights a selection of Harley items for Mother's Day. It seems the gals at Wisconsin Harley-Davidson® have put their heads together to [...]
This BLOG edition is aimed at those of you who have recently purchased your first Harley-Davidson Motorcycle. If you are like many of us, it was truly a thrilling day to ride your bike home from the dealership. If you are a novice rider, you probably took a motorcycle class to learn the basics of [...]
Well Known Harley-Davidson® Logos The text books tell us that a logo is a symbol or a design adopted by an organization to identify its products as being separate from others. It’s not merely an effort to brand, it’s an effort to define the identity of a company in its most basic form. A successful logo, when seen, is [...]
It’s time for that annual ritual that most of us don’t take too seriously - New Year’s resolutions. Can you remember yours from last year? Here’s a resolution idea for 2017, and this one is deadly serious: Resolve to stay alive on your motorcycle by following the following Ten Pretty Good Rules to Ride By in [...]